Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Little Pony

We live in a pretty conservative little town. As a norm, people don't dress outrageously (unless you find the huge bows found atop every little girl's head outrageous). Today the kids and I are in Burger King and sit next to a mom with her 4-year old son. The 4-year old kid had an authentic spiked up mohawk. Not just the mini/floppy mohawk like those found on Angelina Jolie's or Gwen Stefani's sons, but the real thing that stood at least six inches high. Now, if we lived in other parts of the country my kids may be used to this look, but here in Enterprise, it is a rare sight. And since my child runs around with a chicken hat (feathers and all) on his head half the time, I have absolutely no room to judge the way anybody else's kid looks. Eventually, Kaci notices the young boy, walks over to him and says....

"You're a pony... can I be a pony?"

To which the young boy responded....

"You can be a pony, too. Want a french fry?"

Now guess who want to have her own "pony hair"? We were already rebelling by not dressing Kaci in big bows and long dresses, but just wait until she attempts to sport her own mohawk.

1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

Oh, how cute! I used to do Luke's hair in a tiny mohawk, but nothing like that. She is the cutest thing. I love reading your blog!