Let me provide you a little insight as to how long I've known these wonderful women.
Here is a picture of Linda and I leaving for an 8th grade trip to Washington DC. Since Linda and I flew to San Francisco together for this weekend, I wish we would have reenacted this shot.

Here's Ruchi in her 8th grade (maybe 7th grade?) picture pose.
And, let's not forget Julie in her junior high picture pose.
Now, let's zoom to 1993 as we moved Linda and Kheron into their UCLA dorms:

We had a lovely weekend thanks to the hospitality of Bryan and Kheron and Ruchi's dear friends who entertained us with a dinner party in Ruchi's honor.


We had a lovely weekend thanks to the hospitality of Bryan and Kheron and Ruchi's dear friends who entertained us with a dinner party in Ruchi's honor.
I loved this weekend! I love that even though I don't get to see these ladies very often, we can still follow each other through a shopping mall or candy store in complete ease and giggle at our Italian waiter with the fake accent. I love that we still remember the outfits we used to sport in 8th grade and can now shop for shoes with good insoles because "we're not getting any younger." I look forward to more silly weekends with comfortable shoes. The next time I see them, Ruchi will be a full-fledged mommy to a little boy. Too exciting!



2 comments:
I cannot believe you still have those photographs!! I loved that you came to visit and love even more that I have a friend in you -- to love and share and talk to and giggle with whenever the mood strikes. You are truly a blessing, Shan, and I love you for all that you were, all that you have taught me and all that I have yet to learn from you!
BFF, COC :)
I don't know how I missed this post. I just read through it and Ruchi's response and got all misty. Bad idea at work! I love you both!
Post a Comment