Sunday, July 1, 2007

Three Moms and a Lawyer

Once the kids and I found our way home from the zoo, we went straight to bed so we could reenergize for the next thing on our agenda- a couple of days at Disneyland! Thanks to Uncle Lyndon (aka Uncle Pepper), my kids have been to Disney a few times, but this time I was more excited than they were because we were going with my best friends from college- and all our children. We three moms were jazzed (it would have been four moms, but Martha was responsible and had to work), but we were even more jazzed when we found out that Cherryl could make it (Did you read the title of this blog? Cherryl is now a full-fledged, bar-passing lawyer.) The last time we had gone to an amusement park, we were wise-cracking college kids who made fun of each other's driving and all the people who wore matching shirts. This time:

Thanks to Cherryl for surprising us with matching shirts. We totally got the joke, but committed to wearing them all day. Between the four adults and the six kids, we managed to make it on plenty of rides (rarely did we ride all together- we usually had at least one hold out per ride), eat a couple of meals, do a little shopping, giggle while other adults tried to figure out which kids belonged to which adult, watch a parade... and that was just the first day.


Since she arrived with gifts, the kids warmed up to Cherryl right away....


Jared hating the carousel.... Kaci loving the carousel




The boys hanging out with Mickey Mouse


I love this picture because we are even at the stage where one of our kids can take the picture for us. Thanks Peyton for the great shot!


By the time dark arrived, it was time for the Electric Light parade. Cherryl had left us by then (our kids wore her down!) so we were down to three moms. While Heidi and the kids waited for the parade (yes, we did leave Heidi with six kids and no structured activity), Amy and I went to retrieve dinner for the gang. Once we had the food in our hand, we basically threw it at our mass of children, then Amy and I retreated to the back of the crowd and left Heidi (again!) with the kids and the camera. This is a picture of the kids waiting patiently for the parade.. we had to see it to believe it.


The night ended in our hotel room with the six kids falling asleep to some Disney movie and Heidi, Amy, and I chowing on pizza like we used to do when we lived in the Oaks (our old dorms).

I thought we would wake up to a grumpy crew on the second day.... I was sooooo wrong. Smiles and wild hair abounded and we were ready for a new day at Disney.



Jared and Kaci were all about the teacups.


Kyndall was kind enough to share the stroller with Jared and for the second day in a row, they serenaded us with "Deep and Wide" (only the chorus-- they didn't want to sing the rest).

Overall, it was a visit to Disney I'll never forget. I look forward to taking the kids back when they are 13 and they can call us every hour while they do their thing and we grown-ups do ours.


1 comment:

marykay said...

shannon,
i loved reading your post it makes you feel like your there. can't wait to see ya'll next week love ya marykay