What a great trip we had! Of course, a tear was shed every day in regrets that Ryan could not be with us, but we really had fun. Since I've been married, I've managed to make it home most summers for a little visit, but usually my days are spent waiting for everyone to get off work and squeezing all the fun stuff in on the weekends. This time, though, our agenda was packed and it made for a memorable trip. The kids did well on the flight- on one leg of our flight, Jared had to sit in another row and fortunately he sat next to a grandmother who was on her way to visit her grandkids so she didn't seem to mind that Jared asked her to read the airplane emergency procedures over and over and over (he did bring books to read, but he is always fascinated by the cartoon pictures on the emergency procedure laminate.)
Our first California outing was the San Diego Zoo (For those pop culture trivia people, this is the zoo from the beginning of "Three's Company." We took a picture in front of the flamingo exhibit, exactly where Terry stands like a flamingo.) The kids and I met Christy, John, Mary, Genny, and their cousins(all the way from Illinois) there and we were on the move all day. I hadn't seen Christy and John in a few months and I was so looking forward to talking with them, but most of my time was spent keeping my kids out of the exhibits and other people's strollers.

No comments:
Post a Comment