We had a great night and I thank John and the girls for their hospitality!
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
You're Never Too Old for a Sleepover
My friend Christy was excited to show her family where she had grown up. She had lived in Moreno Valley for a few years and we were the best of friends. After our 8th grade graduation, she moved to Illinois, but we have remained in touch and I love that we have been able to grow up with one another, even though we have always been hundreds of miles apart. Our friendship is special and I love everything about it-- except for the fact that we don't live closer to one another. Well, after the 8 minute tour, they came to my parents' house so we could talk, chat and hang out-- and for those of you with small kids, you know how well that went. In order to keep the kids appeased, we went to McDonald's for dinner.
A couple of hours later, it was time for Christy to go back to her hotel, but we had yet had a chance to really talk. So, in a matter of minutes and a whole lot of cooperation from everyone around us, I ditched my kids with my family, borrowed my mom's car, packed a toothbrush and headed for a sleepover in Christy's hotel room. John had given us a timeline to get this together and we were only 7 minutes off schedule... pretty good for a last minute scheme.
We had a great night and I thank John and the girls for their hospitality!
We had a great night and I thank John and the girls for their hospitality!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment