Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two more days to go....

You know, I am usually up for most kid activities. There was that time last summer when Kaci was put in Toddler Lockdown after she swept her way through the library leaving a trail of books and empty shelves behind her, but I usually enjoy most kid stuff. I thrive on the chaos...I can tune out loud noises... I don't mind going cross-eyed as I try to keep my eye on two kids going in two different directions. Lately, I have discovered one activity I totally don't enjoy-- swimming lessons.

As soon as we arrive at swimming lessons, Jared turns into "that kid." You know which one I am talking about-- the one who is kicking and screaming because he doesn't want to put his head under the water. The one who is whining because he is starving (today's excuse) or because his shorts are too big (yesterday's excuse), or because I made him walk through the women's locker room (last week's excuse), but whose excuses magically disappear once the class is over and he wants to splash around in the kiddy pool. We have tried it with Kaci, without Kaci. We have tried it with me in the water, with me not in the water. I had originally planned to sign him up for another set of lessons, but I think I have hit my mommy limit and we will simply make it through our last two days and bid it a fond farewell until I have forgotten about how much I don't enjoy swimming lessons.

1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

OMG, I think you are hilarious and I love your writing. I also took Luke to swim lessons and he had those days too. I think that we should get our sons together and maybe they can scream some energy out of themselves. ;)