Friday, August 3, 2007

Pick Up Where You Left Off

To an Army family, road trips are a part of life. Two weeks after we were married, Ryan and I drove from California to Alabama with all of our belongings in tow (with the exception of some old prom dresses and high school trophies we tried to hide in our parents' hall closets) and we have been driving ever since. We have made countless cross country trips in a countless array of automobiles with a countless amount of drama--and we are always planning for more.



On our most recent road trip, we stuffed ourselves in the car and headed to Texas to visit with our Central Texas friends. Actually, it was a 72-hour playdate for the kids. They played....and played....and played....and played. I am guessing that somewhere in there they ate, brushed their teeth, and said their prayers, but I really couldn't keep up. I was too busy talking...and talking...and talking. I was catching up with my dear friends while the kids played, but Ryan didn't get pictures of us. I guess we weren't as picturesque as the kids.


Seriously, our Central Texas friends are special to us because we have watched our children grow up together and I want to assure my kids that even though we may move around, dear friends are just a short trip away. With dear friends, you can always just pick up where you left off... and that is exactly what we did.




The Marathon Playdate (and Mommy Talkfest) started at Chuck E. Cheese. The kids saw some of their favorite friends Leah, Tyler, and Ashlyn.











I guess the kids did eat...here we are at the Bess' family's brand new fancy-man house. They always throw the best barbecues!




We went to Kidfest and the kids had a great time bouncing around with Danielle and Coby.
















Ashlyn turned 4 and had a wonderful "Outdoor Princess Party".







And while I wasn't looking, Jared was playing with gunpowder... I guess I should have stopped talking for a bit to keep him away from weapons.

1 comment:

marykay said...

Hey Shannon,
We so enjoyed ya'lls visit, Having Ashlyn's Best Friends at the B-day made her day! It was Great! I have tried to send you pics but I have issues with your email send me one at mkmacomber@yahoo and I will get them to you thanks mk