Saturday, October 17, 2009

First day 2009











First Day of School 2009 was 10 weeks ago- I know.  But I'm on a blogging roll so I'm going with it.  Chances are this will be an incoherent, not well-organized, possibly filled with false information kind of post because I am totally relying on my memory to form it.  But first days of school are important for posterity, so I will go with what I know...

Jared started 1st grade with Mrs. Julie.  Most of his class consisted of the same kids as last year so it was a day of fun reunions for him.  Backpack and lunchbox pick for the year was Bumblebee Transformer.  New shoes pick was Skechers.  As we are giving him a hug at his classroom door, he asked to give Lucas a hug and kiss.  Lucas responded by spitting up all over Jared.  We apologized to the kid who had to sit next to Jared all day because baby spit up is not a happy odor.

Kaci started K4 with Ms. Sha.  Her class had her favorite friends in it (shout out to Sadie, Sophie, and Chloe).  And that would also be the reason we had to give Ms. Sha an extra shout out in our prayers as she dealt with them!  Backpack and lunchbox pick for the year was Hello Kitty- a nice pink and black color scheme so I approved.  I did her hair exactly the way she wanted-- too bad it didn't last on the long 7 minute car ride to school. 

10 week update:

Jared has been promoted from the Kindergarten Clown to the First Grade Clown.  To quote his teacher, "It is often times like I am teaching Robin Williams."  She was referring to Jared's innate ability to overdramatize everything that comes from his mouth.  We're working on it.  We are glad that he is never disrespectful or mean and that he continues to do well with his schoolwork.  He is starting to worry though because he is one of the few left in his class who has not yet lost a tooth.

Kaci loves her class and her teacher.  She loves to do homework alongside her brother every night.  Yes, she has had her share of time "on the fence" for not listening to the teacher.  She continues to do well with her classwork and loves Share Day- on Share Day for the letter B it took a lot of convincing to get her to understand that she could not bring her "baby brother" to school. She still insists on wearing dresses that spin, but now that winter is approaching, I am gearing to revisit the Daily Clothing Debate.

And Lucas is just glad to have some quiet time with Ms. Hardy while the others are in school!

No comments: