Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Does it get more exciting?

Well, Lucas still looks bored most of the time. I guess when you are dragged around to a bunch of vague activities, you're allowed to look bored. If he were a girl, I could at least jazz him up with a big bow (you know I have been living in the South too long when I want to slap a big bow on a baby), but boys can't be jazzed up as easily.



He went to Kaci and Jared's Valentines' parties at school. Not much for an infant to do there.











We dragged him to a Children's Theater Production- Jared and Kaci both had a chance to go on stage, but once again, no parts for an infant. Maybe he gets that bored look from Ryan:





We also watched Jared test for his orange belt in Tae Kwon Do. Bored babies sleep through things like that.

It was Lucas' first Valentines' Day, but it isn't any fun when you can't eat chocolate (or in our case, cupcakes) or give cards to your friends. I reread my Valentines' post from last year and realized how much has changed in a year. This year, I just gave Jared his list of classmates and cards, and he wrote them all by himself. He still did consider which ones a girl would like and which ones a boy would like, but this year he wasn't trying to impress any one in particular. Kaci did decide which card went to which student based on their favorite colors--last year, all she wanted to do was put the cards in piles.

Ryan spent V-day on duty and we squeezed in a quick lunch at the PX. I didn't have time to shower--I was wearing my gym clothes-- it was a usual Valentines' day for the Miedema household.

1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

I don't know it was a pretty exciting post! You are cracking me up. Brilliant post!