Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Today is Mother's Day. Ryan is so wonderful at making it a day that celebrates me, but I can't help but feel that it is a day for me to reflect on how lucky I am to be a mom. It is my favorite role in life ( I know my favorite role should be "wife", but I think Ryan understands how the two connect). My heart breaks for those who want to be a mom, but can't. My heart breaks for those who don't appreciate the gift of motherhood. My heart breaks for those who are in stages of motherhood that are rough or unbearable. I know all of my future Mother's Days may not be as sweet as the past 5 have been, but I want to always be grateful for the gift.

And, now to break up the sappiness, here are a couple of silly pictures.







Ryan and I went to a 70s party the other night. In all the years I have known Ryan, I don't think I have ever seen him in a wig.
And a random pic of the kids in their room:


1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

You are the best Mommy in the whole world. You are definitely my role model. YOU ROCK!