I totally splurged.... on a very selfish item. Instead of a new mattress or a week at Disney World or a big plasma television or some additional landscaping to the backyard, I splurged. Big time... This purchase is something I have discussed for years. I did do the math. I did talk with Ryan about it and gave him my blessing to veto it if he thought it was not a wise decision. I almost emailed Suze Orman to ask her opinion for the segment, "Can you Afford it?", but didn't have the patience to answer all the online questions.
So, I did it.
I got braces.
Jared took this picture when Kaci asked him to get a picture of my "bracelets" and "band-aids" (the bands).
Totally selfish... no medical necessity... just pure vanity. But, it did hurt-- I couldn't eat for over a week and my tongue swelled so much I could barely speak for a week, so I did pay a little bit of penance. So thank you Ryan for giving up a new, upscale mattress (the new television wasn't going to happen, braces or not!) so that I could have a better smile. Kids, Disney World will still be there next year. You are all too good to me!!



1 comment:
It's not selfish. Momma needs a little something for herself every once in a while, especially since you do so much for others. Congrats!
Post a Comment