Saturday, April 5, 2008

Easter 2008

Easter 2008 had its fair share of fond memories--little of which were caught in pictures.

Yes, we dyed Easter Eggs. I am not an arts/crafts kinda girl- I enjoy the process (I love to plan the craft!), but don't have that perfectionism gene that creates a wonderful final product. So with me in charge, the kids had a great time coloring the eggs (I couldn't even get them to look at me while they were working), but no great details to our completed eggs.Yes, the kids had an Easter Egg hunt at their preschool. Jared's class (they are the oldest group) had some pretty hefty competition so Jared ended with only a small handful (much to his disappointment). Kaci was the only competitive one in her class, so she soon had an overflowing basket and then relied on placing extra eggs in my pockets.Yes, we had an early Easter morning. I attempted to make "Resurrection Rolls" with the kids. The idea was to have the kids place the marshmallows(Jesus) in the rolls(the tomb) then bake the rolls so that when taken out of the oven, the kids would see that the marshmallow had left the tomb. Many people do this--I am not the first to ever try it, but in my mad dash through the store earlier in the week, I had grabbed pink marshmallows. Pink marshmallows don't dissappear as neatly as white marshmallows. As I reiterated the Easter story to my kids while we prepared the rolls and watched them cook, we prepared ourselves for an "empty tomb." It wasn't the visual I was going for. I wish I had a picture of the kids' face when I pulled out the rolls that were supposed to be "empty", but instead were covered in pink goo.
And, yes, we did wear our new Easter clothes and head to church that morning. Jared insisted on wearing his tie outside of his vest, giving him a very "traveling salesman" look. I didn't get a great picture of the kids, but the weather was beautiful so at least we could hunt eggs outside and take advantage of the spring weather.

















1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

Oh my goodness! I love all these pictures. You know, it makes me kinda sad because if we were still there, Luke and Kaci would be in the same class. We will just have to meet up next time!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. You are the most awesomess! I need to call you and update you on some things. I think you are gonna like it! I am going out of town this weekend, but I will try to call you next week. I can't wait! Have a good weekend.