Thursday, April 19, 2007

March Ups and Downs

Living in Enterprise, we couldn't help but be affected by the tornado that took eight lives. We were not affected physically, but being a small part of the recovery renewed our faith in humankind. People were volunteering by the hundreds, donating money by the thousands, and praying by the millions (at least it seemed that way). The faith and spirit shown throughout this tragedy made me fall in love with this small city.

On the upside, we had a visit by Christy, her girls Genny and Mary, and her sister Kari. Our days were spent in our pajamas, drinking coffee, reading magazines and finding that it is possible to be busy doing nothing. And the inside joke was, " I'll get it!"

Broken this month:
our VCR (Toy Story 2 is still stuck in it!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved our trip to Enterprise. It was my 2nd trip there & I too felt strangely affected by the tornado.

And I am an expert at being very busy doing nothing!! Wasn't it fun?!

"Ding"

Oh wait --- I'll get it!!!!!