Once the shelter called to tell us Clifford hadn't been claimed, all eyes were on me. I'm sure you can guess the ending:
Monday, May 28, 2007
I am such a pushover...
Last week, this dog arrived at our door. He wouldn't leave. We didn't feed him, we didn't let him in, but he stayed at our doorstep for three straight days. He was well-behaved so we were sure that he had a home and his owners would be scouring the neighborhood looking for him. Much to my dismay, no one came searching. In the meantime, the kids named him Clifford, the neighbors bought him a chew toy, and Ryan was pricing dog beds. Since I still wasn't sold on the idea, we had him taken to a local shelter, but he only had a week to be adopted until he met the Big Dog Maker in the sky. A week passed and all was well in our household-- a true example of "Out of Sight, Out of Mind".
Once the shelter called to tell us Clifford hadn't been claimed, all eyes were on me. I'm sure you can guess the ending:

Once the shelter called to tell us Clifford hadn't been claimed, all eyes were on me. I'm sure you can guess the ending:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am so happy to hear that you have a puppy to love! They bring so much joy to your home. We don't know what we would do without our 2!
Post a Comment