Saturday, October 18, 2008

How We Got Our Groove Back

Yes, yes, yes..... we've been gone awhile. No excuses.





Summer ( I know I am a season behind) was a whirl. We did not make it to California this summer and that has totally thrown off my whole year. Normally that is my time to reconnect with my most precious friends and I so missed out. We did make it to the beach a few times, Nickelodeon Hotel, a wedding in Ohio, but yet, no West Coast travel.





With the arrival of August, Jared started Kindergarten and I went back to teaching full time. My mom made it out here to help out with the first week of school- I was so thankful.

Jared's least favorite thing about Kindergarten: His teacher takes tokens away when he breaks a rule.

Jared's most favorite thing about Kindergarten: Outside time ( and I thought I raised a studious kid... apparently not.)

Kaci's least favorite thing about K3- Time out. (And yes, she would know all about this.)

Kaci's most favorite thing about K3- Ms. Jenny (her teacher)

Shannon's least favorite thing about teaching high school- Traveling around campus

Shannon's most favorite thing about teaching high school- Summer!

And as for the title of this post.....

Now that it is October I realize how fast time flies, especially since I am now 24 weeks pregnant! We found out at the beginning of summer, but kept it pretty quiet for as long as we could. Locals couldn't help but notice because of my quickly protruding belly ( and no, I am not being self-conscious, my stomach was quite large by 8 weeks), so they discovered it for themselves first. So, yes, the guy who works behind the desk at Gold's Gym knew before our parents did. I spent most of the summer lying on the couch trying to keep the earth from spinning as I learned that women really do get sick during pregnancy and that they are not just being whiny (I was incredibly well while pregnant with Jared and Kaci.) Currently, the nausea has been replaced with intense ligament pain that forces me to waddle and make Lochness Monster-like grunts each time I move my legs. (Once again, God has humbled me by letting me know that some women really are in pain during this whole pregnancy thing and aren't just being weak.)

So, we are back in the groove of the blog world. Glad to be back!

2 comments:

The Watkins Family said...

I missed you. I've been having Miedema withdrawals!

the spicer blog said...

Congratulations! The reunion looked so much fun- Glad I checked your blong- I love your updates!